May 31 – July 4, 2020
Catbox Contemporary (Ridgewood, NY)
- Providing for an automatic expiration.
- To expire on a previously established date, as a statutory provision.
1. The event or time of the disappearance of the upper circumferential edge of the sun as it sets below the horizon.
2. The sky as the sun sets.
3. A decline or final phase.
4. The automatic expiration of a statutory provision on a previously established date, in the absence of reauthorization
BIO:Ian Swanson (born 1983; Detroit, MI) attended Pratt Institute (Brooklyn, NY) and Wayne State University (Detroit, MI). Recent solo exhibitions include: a listless witness, ASHES/ASHES (New York, NY); More than ever, wholesome pleasure, As It Stands (Los Angeles, CA); my tree stays tree, 315 Gallery (Brooklyn, NY); cynics milk, David Shelton Gallery (Houston, TX); our shallow psychic death, Simone DeSousa Gallery (Detroit, MI); feels like feels, ASHES/ASHES (Los Angeles, CA). Selected group exhibitions include: 40 Pest Street, curated by Dillon Petito and Malte Zander, Alyssa Davis Gallery (New York, NY); The Unearthly, curated by Adrian Tone, Pratt Institute (Brooklyn, NY); Chew Toy Attractors, curated by Alex Bienstock, 67 (New York, NY); Hard Cry, curated by Gabriel H. Sanchez, Lubov (New York, NY).