- I just don't think we should
see each other any more.
- Why? What's the matter?
- There's just something missing
for me and I don't know what.
- What do you mean?
- Something missing from me?
- What do you mean? Like what?
- Can you say what is missing from me?
- No. Maybe if you could guess
a few things, I could try.
- What do you mean? Can you tell me?
- I don't know what's missing.
- Is it personality or looks?
- Well, no.
- Am I not smart enough?
- Because I'm not...
- It has nothing to do with height?
- It has nothing to do
with the fact you're short
or the fact that you're not bright enough.
Nothing to do with the fact
that your teeth are in bad shape.
- So what, then? I don't understand.
Has it got to do with...
It's not my personality.
Do you have fun when you're with me?
- No... But it's not that.
It's not that I don't have fun with you...
Don't tell me that we haven't laughed.
It's not that we haven't laughed.
- Certainly I laugh a lot.
- Sometimes you don't laugh and...
- I can't put my finger on it.
- Something's missing.
- What? Can you be specific?
- The relationship isn't going anywhere.
- Where do you want to it go?
- Where could we get it to go?
- That's not... I don't know where.
I love you.
I mean, I love you and you love me.
- No. And it's not because I don't love you.
- Then you love me?
- No, I don't.
- That's what I mean...
- But that's not why.
- Something is missing.
- I need a very strong man.
- I need a leader.
- I have all the qualities of leadership.
- I'm interested
in so many vital political things.
- Me, too. That binds us together.
- I wanna work with pygmies in Africa.
- I wanna work with lepers
on a leper colony.
- No, that's perfectly Ok.
- I love leprosy. If that's what you're
asking me. I'm perfectly willing...
I like leprosy. I like cholera.
I like all the major skin diseases.
- You're immature, Fielding.
- How am I immature?
- Emotionally, sexually and intellectually.
- Maybe it's my fault.
- Maybe I just can't give.
- Why don't you receive? I'll give.
- I'm not ready to receive.
- Then you give and I'll receive.
- I can't receive...
- I'm a person who can only receive
if another is giving.
- I can't give. I'm sorry.
- If we each receive, it might work.
- I can't. My trouble is I'm receiving
and I'm not able to give or receive.
- I would give if you could receive.
- I don't know how I can help you.
- If we both receive or both give...
- I can't receive and I can't give.
- It's not going to work out.
It's no use, Fielding. I'm sorry.
Goodbye. I'm sorry if I hurt you.
- Don't worry about me, sweetheart.
I'm like a cat.
I'll always wind up on my feet.